The building in which this small museum is housed has been owned and operated for four generations by the Montgomery family as the local blacksmiths. The contents have remained virtually untouched since the last iron was set down and the building was closed for commercial use.
The museum therefore contains tools, clothing and equipment that would have been used as part of the blacksmiths day to day work.Interesting look into a formar way of life.
The smiddy has horseshoeing and other events during the season which will be advertised locally. Disabled access. Small charge for admittance. Craft shop.
Strachur Smiddy is open 7 days a week from 1-4pm from Easter till the end of September.
Address:The Clachan, Strachur, Argyll, PA27 8DG, Scotland
Tel: (0)1369 860 508 or (0)1369 860647